Your trade snapshots are a key element when reviewing your trading performance.
Snapshots that capture all the correct information will make your review process a lot easier and more time efficient as you do not need to go back to the charts, find the trade and redo your analysis.
1. ZOOM OUT SO YOU CAN SEE ALL RELEVANT PRICE ACTION
Do not just focus on the trade. Zoom your charts out and capture the relevant price action before and after your position.
2. REMOVE UNNAECESSARY LINES AND INDICATORS
A cluttered chart is extremely hard to review. Remove any unnecessary indicators and lines that do not complement the trade.
3. ENSURE THE REWARD:RISK TOOL DOES NOT COVER YOUR ANALYSIS
You want to capture your stop and target pips, and Reward:Risk, but make sure this does not block your view of the charts.
4. MARK IN YOUR ENTRY AND EXIT WITH AN ARROW
Mark your entry and exit with an arrow pointing to the exact candle and synchronize it to all your charts.
5. MAKE THE IMAGES AS LARGE AS POSSIBLE BY USING FULL SCREEN ON YOUR BROWSER
Pressing F11 will make your browser full screen and remove the menu bars. This will allow you to get more of the chart into your snapshot
6. TAKE SNAPSHOTS OF YOUR ENTRY AND EXIT
Taking snapshots when you enter and exit a trade will allow you to see the charts exactly how they were in the moment.
Depending on how developed a candle is, it can look vastly different when it closes. So, taking these snapshots straight away is ideal.
7. TAKE SNAPSHOTS OF ALL RELEVANT TIME-FRAMES
As traders we can use multi-time frame analysis to develop our bias. Ensure you take snapshots of all the relevant timeframes for your style of trading.